Making London Home


To be honest, I was never completely sure if London was the right choice before we moved here. There were quite many concerns in my mind, but at the same time I always knew that if it didn’t work out, we could always change our location again.

It has been more than 7 months since we moved. And I’m really loving it.

I’ve lived in a way of always having this thought at the back of my mind that I’m going to move soon. Always wondering “Where to next?”. Never wanting to pinpoint myself to any certain location, but always keeping my mind open to that I can go again any time I want. Living in Estonia, especially in the last year of Uni, I already knew I wanted to live in another place in my life.

I felt that living between the forests, as nice as it was, was not fulfilling me in a way that my soul is craving to live life. At least for now. In the depth of my being, I was craving adventure, sun and to see more of the wonders and the beauty the world has to offer. So I moved to Istanbul. For love, for sun and for adventure. First time in a big city, I learned the comforts and struggles of it. I loved Istanbul, truly, I still do. But I never really bought nice furniture or things because I still knew that we’ll be moving at some point. And with that, I turned into a somewhat minimalist. So after 2 and half years in Istanbul, we sold absolutely everything we had and came to London, starting fresh from page 1 in a new chapter.

It took me a while to come to the understanding that “Yes, this is home now. We will stay here for a while.” And again, I don’t know if we are going to stay here forever, but for now, this is home and we are not planning to move in the near future.

I am still dreaming, the dreamer person as I am. But now the dreams are more long-term.

I’ve recognised that at this point in my life - I am a city person. I love the buzz, having people around, cute local cafes around the corner, home delivery of basically everything you can think of, and all the opportunities and comforts a city can provide. I love nature. But I love people too. And in London you can have both.

It has been around 10 degrees all winter long, and now in February it starts to look like spring. First trees are in blossoms, first flowers are slowly rising out from the soil. What a beautiful time it is.

And in some ways I felt at ease. Life makes sense here. For me. And for us.





0 comments