What is home


To all who have left their home. And found another one. And maybe you found a home in another person. Or maybe in another city. Another country even. Maybe you’ve found a piece of home in all of them.

I grew up between the forests by the sea. And I find home in the sounds of singing birds and waves and in cool breeze. In the taste of fresh blueberries, in the smell of freshly cut grass.

I found home in another person. In someone I feel safe with. I feel loved by. In someone who brings light and laughter to my every day.

I found home in other cities, in other countries, and cultures. It’s almost like I left pieces of my heart along the way, and when I go back it’s the sweet sense of recognition.

And I find home in family, in my parents home, and in the home of my grandmother.

I found home being with my friends. In the laughters and giggles and memories that live within us and bond us even when we don’t see each other for a while.

And I found home in my native language. A language that I have such a strong emotional bond with. It’s the language of the heart.

And I found home within myself. I am my own companion, my own rock for life. And like with any home, it’s important to take the best care of yourself. I’m working on it. Our body is the only place for us to live in.

So where is home really? Is it a place, is it a person, is it family, friends? Is it a sound, is it a taste, is it a smell? What is home to you?

It’s like we are home at all times, but also never truly.


Have a day full of joy and hope!
Mariliis













0 comments