Project: Wedding planning

Dear everyone and future me,

Like a human mind, it forgets the details in time even if you really think you can remember things- it all becomes a blur, or worse, you remember things that never happened. Life has become incredibly busy (haha, like no-one said that one before), but I am chill and comfortable with all the situation happening right now.
The truth is - we are in the process of organizing our wedding. There’s only 4 months left!
Here is what I’ve achieved this far:

Having a groom ✓
Place of wedding ✓
Flight tickets to Estonia ✓
Musicians ✓
Photographer ✓
Videographer ✓
Catering ✓
Wedding master & coordinator ✓
Decided on make-up artist ✓
Decided on cake maker ✓
Decided on the dress I want ✓
Designing & Delivering invitations (almost ✓)
Planned schedule of the day ✓
Shoes ✓

Sometimes I think am I too relaxed about the whole thing? Should I be planning and organizing and stressing over something? After all those movies, it seems that being stressed is a must in wedding planning. Emrah seems extremely calm about all this. But I guess, a guys job is to do the proposal and buy the ring, right? hahha. And what comes to the wedding planning, it seems that mostly women are in charge. I wonder why is that so?:D There is a Facebook group for wedding planning people, and all I see is girls asking and posting. I mean, I do worry that many people who have never been in Estonia before, are coming, and I feel the need to impress somehow.

It promises to be a good one though. Estonian weddings are generally personal, intimate and people involving. In Turkey, it’s definitely different, where in an average wedding would have 200+ people. The term ‘wedding games’ is also a foreign idea in Turkey, so I believe it would be cool for them to experience something different. Plus, in June the sun almost never sets in Estonia, due to our geographical position. So it's gonna be awesome!

Overall, I'm calm. I’m thinking that a wedding is like a birthday party, where people come together to celebrate someones next step in life. So it would be like that, but much more expensive, more stressful and in all hope, only happens once in life. Of course, the fact that two people are announcing in public that they have chosen each other for life and promise their everlasting love for each other. Which will be continued by a party and many types of celebrations. So, when keeping those minor details aside, it's just like a birthday party. :D

Oh and let me tell you, we have started a home-cooking-healthy-lifestyle project, where all 3 meals plus a snack is homemade and comes from our kitchen. There is also 1 cheating day, mostly on the weekends, where we can eat out and alcohol & desserts are allowed. We have already succeeded in such eating habits 5 weeks and you can't believe it, but both of us have lost weight and feel great! So in a perfect world, we will be superfit in 4 months! :D

In all, I’ve started to feel excited lately, as I see things are coming together. I mean, it's already so close actually! Things are going great and I'm grateful to have such supportive people around me, helping me and taking responsibilities for different things. I'm just so grateful for everything!

Here are the photos from the day I went to try on dresses and these are some that I did not choose, so take a look if you wish since you'll not be seeing them on me again. :D










0 comments