7 months of Toted And Meeting the Children


It’s September. The back-to-school month.

It feels like ages ago when the idea first found its way to my mind. It was a Friday morning, and something urged me to go through Pinterest for possible ideas. I wanted to create. To create something meaningful with my own hands. I started drawing possible designs.
In 7 months, I’ve worked after my daytime office job late nights for my project. Honestly, I've been so excited and motivated to do it, more than my office job. I was waiting for the time to go home, so I could grasp the fabrics and sewing machine and pick up the work where I left off the night before.

I’ve flipped though countless fabric samples in the heat of Istanbul, in the search for the perfect one. I’ve tried and got tired and messed up my work. I’ve broke too many sewing needles on my sewing machine. I’ve accidentally bought wrong types of materials. I’ve been hyped about my project. I've got frustrated and lost motivation. I’ve met inspiring people. I’ve felt joy every time when somebody liked my work. I’ve visited NGOs and their incredible people. My tote bags appeared on the shelves of the Estonian design store Teele! I’ve sold tote bags to many travelers, and in this way, Somebody Somewhere is using my totes in France, UK, Australia, Uzbekistan, Germany, Turkey, Estonia and more! All the donations I’ve collected with these 7 months were delivered this August, just before the school starts! I’m collaborating with my friends fathers stationary store, who kindly helped me to put together School Starter Packages for the Syrian students going to school this year! I am forever grateful for every helping hand along this past 7 months. With Love, Mariliis

What am I up to today? I've been working on creating new type of bags. The newbie Toted’s are travel size toiletry and pouch bags! Something smaller, useful and casual. As always - Toted design stands for being simple. practical. vegan. Made in a people and world-loving way.

In the end I want to say just Thank You. Thank you all my friends who purchased a Toted bag. And who are thinking to get one now, new pouch bags will be coming out soon! Stay tuned!

With Love,
Mariliis


Getting ready for the delivery
Visiting NGO Small Project Istanbul

They sent me this group photo the next day, with the children and their new packages.



♥  ♥  

0 comments