Home


 This is my happy place. Skin flecked in sunlight, toes nurtured in soil.

I've felt this kind of self-expression recently, where I've just started to draw with my finger on my phone screen. I open the simplest function of iPhone photo edit, where it lets you mark something with a 'pencil'. And I just draw what comes out. Without putting too much thought into it. And the program allows no corrections. If you want to delete, the whole line will be gone. That leaves us with the original line that we drew, no corrections. You either accept what you have, or start over with a new line completely.

I remember what my art teacher told us years ago, when I was just a kid. She said, that every artist puts their own self into what they create. And one way or the other, you are resembled in that creation. So when I think of it, I know that what I draw is actually myself. It's either a wish or hope, something I see in myself or wish to have. Something I believe or see.

The second one is my favorite. To me, it resembles that there is always peace in us somewhere. Beneath everything that society puts on us, we are just people. Beneath everything, our soul is pure. Beneath everything, we are free. And we have the energy of the whole universe inside of us, if we are just able take time to find it within.







0 comments