On "digital screen protection'' glasses and why I loove them

All the work I do is done on a computer. When I first started, I quickly realized the effects of staring at the screen straight 8-9 hours per day. I started to get severe headaches, which was weird since I never normally had them before. But when I opened my computer first thing in the morning, my headaches started again. It got to a level where it was impossible for me to focus.

I went to the eye doctor for a check-up. I never wore glasses before and I thought my eyesight was the issue. But the doctor said, that on the contrary, I don't need to wear glasses at all. ''Please, I need glasses, my eyes hurt'' I said.
''Beautiful colors (my eyes are light gray/blue), but unfortunately it doesn't protect you enough from the bright light.''

Can it be true that according to my eye color I have less protection?

Living now in Turkey as an Estonian, I'm naturally exposed to much more bright sunlight than before. I guess it makes sense. Staring at the computer also shines bright light into my eyes, right.

Since I still really wanted glasses, he wrote me a prescription for the lowest 0.25, that everybody can wear. I ordered my glasses coated with "digital screen protection'', that deflects blue light away from the eyes. By the way, I found the frames of my glasses from some market in London. I think they cost me 8£. Then I just let a proper eyewear store make the suitable glasses and in total it was much cheaper than I would've expected. Nevertheless, I already couldn't wait to wear these golden frames on my face and was super excited when I finally received my glasses!

I have been wearing them for about 7 months now and they are amazing, life-changing even! Since I started wearing these glasses, my headaches have completely disappeared, I'm back to normal. The headaches still accorded few weeks after I started to wear the glasses, but disappeared in few weeks completely. I'm in loove with them! I use them every single day and I feel weird, when I don't have them on while working.

The glasses truly made a difference in my life!
(and I like how they look on me. After all, I'm all about golden things.. )




0 comments