Keeping up my New Years resolution


I don’t do New Years resolutions mostly. Mainly because it seems just silly to me. Nobody seems to keep them, so what is the point of it. This year like many before, when people asked me about my resolution, I said I don’t do them.
In my head although, I had one thought. If I’d make a resolution, it would be to build stronger connections with old friends.
It’s very easy to lose connection with someone who once was dear, and even is now. Everybody has their own life to live and in most cases, our paths go in separate ways. Now it takes effort, investment of time and money to keep the friendships alive, to build them deeper, more meaningful. Not that easy anymore, right?

It’s spring now. I just came from a 7-day vacation from Estonia. I’m really glad I went. It was amazing to see people dear to me again and I started to miss these casual coffee dates over stories of old memories more than ever. The life is different there and my family and friends almost convinced me to move back. And how much I would’ve wanted to believe them, I just couldn’t see my life there anymore. My life is in Istanbul for now, I felt it once my feet touched the ground when I came back. Some sort of heaviness peaked in my heart when I had to leave the land that has been my home for 20 years. I guess it means I truly care of the people, places even, but no-one can be in many places at once. So I had to leave again.

Today, I booked tickets to see my friends on the other side, I’m going to Dubai and Oman. Although I maybe might have liked to buy a new camera, or choose a less fire-like destination for July, there was no hesitation in my mind to book these tickets. I’ll figure it all out, it’s only about the value of the friendships and truly showing it what’s in your heart. I can’t live in any other way. If you care about your friends, you have to show it, no matter what. No matter the distance, price or uncertain holiday permission. Great things require effort. You just have to take the leap.

Here is an illustrative picture, since I didn't have any great ones myself.
Hope you're having a happy day!
Love,


0 comments