Where did you meet your Boyfriend / Husband?

How to get a boyfriend was once the hottest topic in my diary. ''Dear diary, there's this boy in my class...''. But when elementary, middle and high school is over, where do we then find a potential boyfriend or even husband material? There was one girl wondering these thoughts, asking this question in our Foreign Women FB group to learn how to find someone to end her single days with and who knows, maybe even tie the knot! :D

I found this topic particulary interesting and decided to share with you as well. Here are the answeres of 24 expat women who live in Istanbul: Where did you meet your Boyfreind/Husband?


  1. Met him in the mountains in Fethiye. I was solo hiking and so was he! A lovely Greek mummy started befriending us and that's how we started talking.
  2. Vacation in a good hotel
  3. Tinder
  4. Snow sledding! Which should have told me a lot about our future together:) (he loves snow)
  5. Dating app
  6. We met in the U.K. while we were both doing our Master’s. Moved here after we finished and got married.
  7. MSN
  8. Met in a pub in London via mutual friends.
  9. I needed a lighter for my cigarette and he offered me his lighter. He was on a holiday in my city. We fell in love pretty quick and heavy, and now 2,5 years later.... I moved to Istanbul in July. But back in the Netherlands now for two weeks. I bought my weddingdress on Saturday for our wedding this summer 
  10. Prague Airport
  11. Language class
  12. Friends of friends 
  13. At work
  14. Facebook - randomly. He was dating a girl that was doing an internship at a place I was gonna start an internship at later that year. Small world.
  15. Running Club
  16. Starbucks
  17. In the U.S., where I’m from, while he was training, and after a year I moved out of country for him. Have been here for 2 years now, so 3 years total together.
  18. Erasmus!
  19. Backstage at his concert.
  20. Grand bazaar. It worked for me, but if I had to do it again, I would not recommend there.
  21. In a store.
  22. In a restaurant.
  23. In the Philippines. He opened a business there and at the same time studying.
  24. In a private dinner party in Vienna.


Where did you meet your partner? :)

Love,
Mariliis



0 comments