Moments of Bali

Bali. 
Modern life in the jungle.
Beautiful people of Australia.
Picture perfect cafes.
Huge lizards.
Shower under the stars.
Ocean.
Happy people.
Sea salt in hair.
Wilderness.
Motorcycles.
Cheap gas.
Wild dreams for the future.
Creativity.
''What is this magical place?''
Party.
Eat Pray Love
Maybe let's just stay here.














No other place I never witnessed people that happy.

Made is a man who made a great impression on us. He was the most kindest, most beautiful soul, and also our host of our Airbnb bamboo house. 

"In Bali, we live with Karma" he said.

It's weird. But in some ways, we started to notice bizarre things happening. And they were so obvious to us. Karma is real.

We rented a motorbike for a day. As we were on our way to see a waterfall 17km away, we filled the tank to the full, to be sure that we will not stay on the road in the middle of the jungles. But immediately we realised that that was too much gas for one day. At least the next people after us will have it good and tank filled up. The next day in another city, we realized that the motorbike we rented had the gas tank completely full! Which never happened with us before. We drove with the same tank for 4 days, not paying anything for gas.

The other day, after finishing our spicy noodles for lunch, we saw a very old poor man on the street. He was there with his bicycle,  collecting something from the street. It touched our hearts seeing how old he was. "Maybe he is hungry" we thought. So we gave him some money. He gave us the biggest teethless smile and showed gratitude by putting his hand palms together. Our ways went apart as we continued on our way to the beach.
Later in the evening we discovered the most beautiful open-air restaurant filled with thousands of fairy lights and live acoustic music by the sea. We took a walk to the beach from there, over the bridge. As we were walking, we found money from the ground. And there it was. Just after we gave some cash to that old man. It was the smallest note of money, but for me, it was a clear reminder - what goes around comes around. Everything you give is returned in one way or the other. I took that money with me as a reminder, and I still have it.

I had bought a dress from the local market, so that I could wear it for the photoshoot the next day. The problem was, it was too open from the back, showing the bra strap not in a nice way. I tried to wear it braless but I was too uncomfortable wearing no bra at all. So I was constantly thinking of where can I get a thread and needle to close the back a bit. In the evening, we arrived back to our Airbnb. Coming in, I saw the staff girls in the kitchen sewing beads to t-shirts. Even the thread they used was white, the one I needed. Oh my god, I thought! I asked them if I could borrow their needle and with a big smile they invited me to the little kitchen, handed me a needle with a thread. And there we were, 2 Indonesian ladies and me, sitting in a small kitchen, sewing. It was funny and magical.

I could tell you about how I found an Estonian flag on the table of the Airbnb we stayed at. And asking about it, they said the place is owned by an Estonian. ESTONIAN? Out of 1 million people, we stayed at the place in Bali that was owned by Estonian.

Or how we accidentally booked the same guesthouse in Ubud, that was the home of Ketut in the movie Eat Pray Love. And how I sat on the same ground where Julia Robert sat on that movie. How do these things even happen? Is this real life?

When we came to Bali, good things just started to happen. It's weird. But in some ways, we started to notice all these things happening. Karma is real. And everything you do, comes back to you. In one way or the other.








0 comments